Wednesday, April 7th
Panel One (1:10–3pm EST)
Abbreviated (10–15 minute) summaries of pre-circulated papers, followed by discussion/Q&A
- Sarah Elizabeth Lewis (History of Art, African and African American Studies, Harvard University)
- Nicholas Mirzoeff (Media, Culture, and Communication, New York University)
Registrants will receive access to papers via the conference webpage.
Friday, April 9th
Panel Two (1:10 – 3pm EST)
20-minute presentations, followed by discussion/Q&A
- Jennifer Raab (History of Art, Yale University)
- Karen Strassler (Anthropology, The Graduate Center, CUNY)
- Erina Duganne (Art History, Texas State University)
Panel Three (3:10 – 4:30pm EST)
Conversation, followed by Q&A
- Kaja Silverman (History of Art, University of Pennsylvania)
- Nancy Davenport (Artist)
Organized by Alexander Bigman and Michelle Smiley, CCA Postdoctoral Associates.
Sponsored by the Center for Cultural Analysis at Rutgers University and the Developing Room.
Part of the 2020–2021 CCA Seminar “What is Photography?”